Looking to enjoy your hot tub year-round, but need a bit more privacy or protection from the elements? For many, a gazebo or canopy is a great choice.
When it comes to canopies, these are generally structures that can be moved around a bit if you would like, but often do have bolt-down ability (which is extremely important).
Gazebos are typically wooden structures with a roof and shingles and definitely the more premium option. Like a pool house, many hot tub owners will decide to build these structures using a contractor.
Lastly, a hot tub enclosure is essentially an umbrella term that could mean any of the above. Some enclosures are rather basic, but can still add extra privacy so you can relax without worrying about nosy neighbors.
Outside of something custom-made, today I wanted to share a list of the top 10 best hot tub enclosures for every budget that you can begin assembling this weekend :).
Best hot tub enclosure kits under $500
While you have several options to choose from, most canopies or structures under $500 are not made of wood or very thick steel, but can still be a viable option if you are looking for something temporary (or purely functional).
Many of these are similar in shape and function to more expensive canopies or gazebos, with less expensive materials. If you’re looking for something made of wood or heavy-duty metal, expect to pay over $500.
With that said, there are a few really good-looking options if you just need something to cover your spa, keep the bugs out when inside, and shade you from the sun.
1. 10 x 13 Grand Patio gazebo with mosquito net and shade curtains
This chic, grey, and white gazebo kit on Amazon I found for under $400 and is a great solution for creating an enclosure around your hot tub keeping out mosquitos, harmful rays, and prying eyes all year round.
I do like that this one (at its price range) since the interior frame is made of iron with an anti-rust coating. While not as durable as some of the others, still a great choice.
- UV resistant
- Easy to assemble
- Mesh netting to keep out insects
- Most compatible with grass lawn installation
- Only one color option
- Reviewers claim the steel beams can rust, staining the white curtains
2. 9′ x 9′ Aleko pergola with retractable canopy
This elegant trellis pergola is under $400 on Amazon and Home Depot, and would be an attractive option for a hot tub enclosure on your patio or in your backyard. This is one of the more simple options if you only need something to shade your hot tub from the sun.
- Retractable water-resistant canopy that provides shade from the sun when you need it
- Rust-resistant aluminum
- Sturdy, high-quality frame that can be bolted to the ground
- Reviewers claim it is not easy to assemble, and instructions are unclear
- Does not provide privacy from the sides
- Minimal protection from the elements
3. Great Deal Furniture 9.8′ x 9.8′ outdoor fabric and steel canopy
This gazebo canopy is highly rated on Amazon, providing maximum shade and privacy around your hot tub.
On this particular model, setup is pretty easy and also comes with canvas wall panels for privacy. Keep in mind that while this is more of a consumer model with a polyester covering, but if you’re looking to spend less than $500, this is a good choice.
If you’re just in need of something to leave up year-round to cover your hot tub ( and wind and the elements won’t really be a factor), this type of design is perfect since it does have the ability to be bolted down.
- Canvas wall panels to protect against the elements
- Mosquito netting to keep out insects
- Durable material
- Easy to assemble
- The company does not make replacement covers
Best mid-range hot tub enclosures and kits
If you’re looking for something substantial that can stand up in the elements, expect to spend at minimum around $1,000 for a decent canopy kit.
Many mid-range options also contain curtains for privacy and optional mosquito nets (or at least the option to install these), so that’s something to take into consideration as well.
4. vidaXl hardwood circular spa surround
Okay, so not technically a canopy, but if you’re looking for something to physically enclosure a circular spa without covering it, This spa surround on Amazon made of hardwood is a great option, and one of the more creative designs I have seen.
Although it does not provide protection from the elements or privacy, it is a stunning, functional accessory that can also provide step access into your hot tub, as well as adequate surface area to place decor, food, or drinks.
- Sleek wood design
- Weather-resistant wood
- Easy to clean
- Provides an extended spa area
- Does not provide protection against the elements
- Very specific measurements for round hot tub only
5. Outsunny 10′ x 10′ hardtop steel canopy with curtains and mesh netting
This hardtop canopy on Amazon includes mesh netting and curtains that really contain all you need to stay comfortable.
This one also has great reviews for a metal canopy made of aluminum and steel with a steel hardtop roof will keep the rain and snow out. If you don’t want to worry about maintaining cedar (as in some of the options bel0w), this is a great choice.
There’s even a hook to place a lamp or heater.
- Weather-resistant curtains to protect you from wind and the elements
- Protective hard top roof
- Sturdy and durable frame
- Mosquito netting for protection against insects
- Hook for hanging lights or heater
Reviews claim that assembly instructions could have clearer pictures, but holds up in the elements.
Best luxury hot tub canopies and enclosures
If you’re really looking for something more premium, keep in mind that you will defintely pay for it when it comes to canopies.
You must factor in build materials, as well as whether or not the enclosure was specifically designed for a hot tub.
The option below is a good choice designed for hot tubs, and contains features like a bar and some other accents as you can see below.
6. SummerCove 11′ x 11′ cedar wood frame gazebo with steel hardtop
This gazebo from SummerCove features a cedar wood frame and a steel and polycarbonate roof with a small skylight which nice nice.
The hardtop roof will protect you from rain, snow, and sun. It has customizable privacy screens on 3 sides.
You could also consider the option to install DIY curtains for added privacy to the front. If you have friends over and want to take turns, the added barstools and bar area are a nice option.
- Optimal protection from the elements
- Fitted with a serving table
- Provides protection for all seasons
- Does not come with curtains for complete privacy
- No option to remove the roof for full sun
7. Mellcom 10′ x 13′ hardtop double-vented gazebo with metal roof and curtains
The Mellcom kit on Amazon is one of the nice double top designs I’ve seen, with the curtains and privacy screens you need for a good hot tub setup. Out of all the kits, this one for the money I think is a good option even at its smallest size. This model comes in different sizes, so would be large enough to place both your hot tub and any furniture you may be considering.
- Water-gutter design
- High-quality materials
- Beautiful design
- Double-track and double-sided curtains
- Holes may take a bit of time to line up
8. Eagle Peak 12′ x 10′ cedar wood gazebo with hardtop
This gazebo by Eagle Peak is another good option if you’re looking for an affordable cedar-construction canopy. With an A-frame design, it’s one of the more elegant options you can find online.
- Beautiful cedar wood with protective paint for maximum durability
- Wood planks can be repaired if needed unlike some made of metal
- Assembly can be performed by third party
- May take 2 to 3 people to assemble
- Customer support could be better
9. Sunjoy Bridgeport 11′ x 13′ cedar framed gazebo with steel hardtop
Similar to the last model, this Sunjoy Bridgeport canopy here on Amazon is another beautiful cedar construction with a dual roof. This is one of my favorites on the list for the money, and the wood construction allows for staining.
If you are going with a simple all-natural looking canopy, this is a great value in my opinion compared to similar models of the same size.
- Generally a good value at less than $2,000
- Dual rails for privacy curtain and mosquito netting
- Can be difficult to repair or assemble
- Can be quite heavy compared to aluminum models
10. Eagle Peak 13′ x 11′ cedar framed outdoor gazebo with steel roof
This Eagle Peak canopy on Amazon is another great option under $2,000. With premium cedar wood, a two-tiered roof made of metal, and a larger size, it is one of the best values I have seen in this $2,000 price range.
- Great for commercial or residential use
- Premium cedar
- 1-year warranty
- May take longer to assemble
- Does not contain curtains
A gazebo or canopy designed around your hot tub can really transform your outdoor living space. Considering that many of these are 10′ x 10′ or even smaller, you’re sure to find the room to install one around your hot tub.
Hopefully, you have a few ideas for your next project! Another option is to build an enclosed addition to your deck (like a sunroom) which in that case may require a permit.
However, for most people, a simple canopy or gazebo can be a great focal point of your backyard and your central entertainment area. Good luck!